Thank you for your interest in becoming a McBride Research Labs (MRL) Sales Representative. The information below should be helpful as you determine whether this opportunity is right for you. Please note that the instructions for how to be considered for a Sales Representative position are at the bottom of the page.
Responsibilities of an MRL Sales Representative
A Sales Representative of McBride Research Labs products is responsible, first and foremost, for serving the licensed cosmetologists in his or her area. Of course, this includes visiting salons on a regular basis and marketing MRL products. In addition, MRL sales representatives are also responsible for the following:
- Being part of a team of Sales Reps and MRL Educators to meet the needs of their customers in their market
- Weekly reporting of inventory levels, performing weekly/monthly inventory counts, and reconciling inventory variances
- Holding educational workshops and events as warranted in the market
- Communicating market conditions to home office so the customers’ needs can be met more effectively
- And countless other tasks required to truly be the professional stylist’s Partner In Style
Key Qualifications to Become a Sales Representative for McBride Research Labs
A successful sales candidate will possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and given all of the responsibilities listed above, sales representative candidates must possess the following:
- Demonstrated successful business experience
- Desire and ability to use technology (i.e. software and hardware) to perform assigned tasks
- Demonstrated successful sales experience
- A passion for helping customers run successful businesses
Previous Experience in the Hair Care Industry
Prior experience in the hair care industry is not required to become a Sales Representative with MRL, but it is certainly a plus. MRL is committed to giving each of its Sales Representatives the product and business knowledge to service their assigned territories and customers in the most professional and financially rewarding manner possible.
Part Time vs. Full Time
Given the size of the responsibility and the opportunity, a successful candidate must be willing to work as a sales representative on a full time basis. No candidate who intends to work part-time will be considered.
Determining if there is a Sales Representative in an Area of Interest
McBride Research Labs has distribution in most major metropolitan areas within the U.S. Please call our Corporate Office at (800) 535-8683 to learn if there is a representative in your area or click here to see a listing of distributors. If your home area does not have a McBride Research Labs Sales Representative and has not been identified as an area of interest for MRL, this may mean that there is not enough demand for our products to support a full-time employee.
However, we do serve licensed cosmetologists in these areas from our corporate Customer Service Department. If you are a licensed cosmetologist in an area in which we do not have a Sales Representative, please call (800) 535-8683 EXT. 202 to learn how you can begin using Design Essentials products.*Please Note: Sales Representatives only serve licensed cosmetologist working in licensed salons. If you are a consumer seeking a retailer of Design Essentials products, please click here to locate a salon in your area.
Retailing Products as a Stylist
If you are a stylist, your local Sales Representative would be happy to help you get started retailing our products.
- Licensed cosmetologist working in an area in which there is an MRL Sales Representative, please contact them for more details.
- Licensed cosmetologist working in an area in which there is not an MRL Sales Representative, please call our Customer Service Department at (800) 535-8683 EXT. 202 for more information.
If Qualified and Interested, Next Steps: